Saturday, January 21, 2006

End of the Spear

Awesome movie! Powerful message. A true story of forgivness. What is forgiveness to us? It has again minimized my own troubles in life. This was the same feeling i had after i read "tears of my soul".

One of the most touching scene in this movie was when steve (one of the missionary's son) asked his dad "Will u shoot them if they try to harm you?" His father replied "No, because we are ready for heaven, but they are not". Wow! that blew my mind. It is so true yet it takes so much love & courage to claim it.

The message of God's love and forgiveness spread throughout the Waorani tribe. The message that "Jesus was speared, but He did not spear his enemies. This is not because He is weak, but just so that they may live" It was just beautiful. Jesus sacrificed so that we all could live.

ALright folks, time to get your own ticket and experience this true story. Well, don't forget your little hankie or packets of tissue. I bet u'll need them. Trust me. :)

2 comments:

ch-eology said...

I know Heaven's ready for us. But am i really ready for heaven? I'll be thinking about that for a while.
Glad to see you blogging too! Processing our journey is soo impt, isn't it?
May God give you many more hankie-tissue encounters. I bet you'll need them.We all do.

cheers,
dashixiong

Avery said...

i find it funny how you are a "fish" but there is a huge monkey on your page.

farrrrrrrrrrrrrni.

thanks for the testi on friendster. I miss the gang together too...

Take care in Tulsa. Keep warm.