Saturday, December 31, 2005

Our Trip



wa, just realized that i do have some supporters for my blog. Not bad. feel loved. Thanks all for ur comments :)

Well, the reason i stopped writing is because i have so much to share that i don't know where to begin... but anyway, i'll try to list out all the fun stuff we did.

My parents and i went on a 7 days tour to Yosemite, Los Angeles, Las Vegas & Grand Canyon. It was an awesome trip, but was really tiring. I really enjoyed the theme parks (Disneyland, california adventure and universal studio). I love the rides and have never screamed as much as i did in those parks. Gosh... my throat hurts for the next few days. Well, out of the three parks, i think i enjoyed universal studio the most. I got to see the site where they film War of the World, and it was so disappointing, coz it is just a tiny place with damaged houses *felt cheated* haha.. it is amazing how the computer effects made everything looked so real. I love their rides and performances too. It just a A* place. Disneyland was alright coz i've been to the one in Japan, and it's pretty much the same. The special thing about Disneyland was that they were celebrating their 50th anniversary, and thus had awesome fireworks. By the way, i took a pic with Mickey! :) I went to his house and yup, we became real good friends. hmm?

Other than the theme parks, i really enjoy the National parks too. Grand canyon was just breath-taking. *whoosh* so majestic, so indescribable. We took tons of pictures, and gosh... i became giddy after 20min. I guess part of that was due to the journey, for we took about 5hrs from Las vegas to Grand canyon. Oh, talking about Vegas... hmm... not my cup of tea. I didn't really like it there. As much as it was kinda beautiful at night, the entire atmosphere was different. People were drinking on the streets,smoking, giving out advertisements on "adult shows" and as we all know... people just sit around and gamble the whole night long. I got bored really quickly. There was nothing much for me to do. The only interesting thing for me to do was to visit the M&M and coke museum. Oh, and also taking pictures of the hotels. That's about it. It a place where i would not want to stay for more than 3 days. But of course, that's just my point of view.

So, all readers, i will strongly encourage u guys to go to LA!!! Orange county is fun. Love it. And again, tons of asian stores! hee.. good food. Bubble tea for a dollar! *large one* hahaa... and u might even get picked up by some great directors and become a famous hollywood star! wooo...sounds good ya? hee... ok folks, it's time to say goodbye. I will continue writing soon. Happy New Year! God Bless :)

1 comment:

eL said...

Hey Xiao Mei!!

I liked Universal Studios, too, when I went there. And I agree with you on the Grand Canyon! So majestic. And yes, we drove from Las Vegas, too. Haha. Yeah, Las Vegas is rather vulgar and crazy. I didn't like it either, but the many, many themed hotels were cool. Did you check out the pirates, one? And what abt the Bellagio? I heard there's a stream inside.

Anyway... Happy New Year to you! Eh, when will you be back in Tulsa? Guesssssssss what!! I will be in Tulsa on Friday, Jan. 27 because my uncle's church is having a Chinese New Year celebration. You and Ah Girl should come. Let me know what you think.

Later! Get back safe.