Monday, May 29, 2006

Getaway!



hmm.. Ann ( my best friend cum roomie) & I went to Oklahoma city yesterday! :) lots of fun. haha. my definition. We didnt get to sightsee too much coz there aint nothing to see anyway! :p We mapquest-ed in the morning n left! It was an adventure.. we had fun chatting along the way, and finally making our way to the HUGE asian store. We drank our fav bubble tea and shopped! Oh wait.. we actually went to the OKC memorial first.. the site where the OKC bombing happened.. we took a couple pictures n left..
We saw an old lady crying as she looked at the pictures... hmm.. so sad :( Anyway, we thought it was pretty meaningful to be there over memorial weekend.

The Asian store was the highlight of the trip. We bought so much food n were overly excited over every sin
gle type of food.. I picked up a packet of Do-Do fishball and screamed to ann "This is made in Singapore!!!!" I haven't had it for long time!!!" Of course.. she laughed and said "u're crazy!!"

I bought dumplings (potstickers), nian rong bao, noodles, "tau pok" & other ingredients for the Vietnamese spring roll! so happy.. feels like home again when surrounded by familiar food. :)

My plan for tml is to make the spring roll.. or laksa.. hmm... *drool* Why am i always talking about food? I have no idea.. it's becoming my passion... sigh! why do i have to submit to my mentor's cult? i'm a true pamelonian pamelongelist.

4 comments:

Fishie said...

it's an open secret! u can join too! :) i guess u r already pretty influenced by our sect.. dun believe? read ur own blog n see how much U talk abt food!!! haha.. welcome to the family...

Tan Xin Kai Joash said...

Aiyo, can't believe it... "Jusfish" having fun in exchanging word... I better get out from here... haha... Continue... and have fun...

Fishie said...

that's healthy exchange! :) u wanna join pamelonian too? Well.. i think u r more into Joashian or sharonian... :p

Tan Xin Kai Joash said...

Yes, I am always a pro Josharians! Yeah!!!! :)