Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Youth at Risk


Watched a local movie-The Days on sunday. Free tickets are great! Thank God for great friends! I loved the movie. I normally dont praise local films but this time, i would say. 4 popcorns! worth the time and $_$. The movie brought me back to secondary school days. Reflecting upon my past, i thank God for His grace and protection. I could have fallen into the trap of gangs so easily since so many people wanted to fight me. haha. It's based on a true story. How real and how sad that it really happened and is probably still happening...

Looking at troubled youths pains my heart. I've been working with a few of them lately. I feel like going all out to protect them, to help them, and most of all, to tell them that there is a God who loves them. Other than God, i do not know how to comfort them. His loved one died, he took drugs, he cursed, he regretted, he cuts himself, he tried to crash his bike against a wall, he drank 4 bottles of hard liquor, he cried, he fought, he doesnt want to live. He's too young to have to fight this war. "Eileen, i dont know why things turn out this way for me. i dont have a choice. i do not have a future anymore. there's no point living..."

I was heartbroken. I put down the phone and i felt great pain in my heart. Sometimes it's too hard to change. Too hard to start over. Too many decisions in life we have to make. But i feel sorry for them for they are very very young. In my words, too young to have to go through these things. They never had happy childhood. All they want in life is acceptance and love. All they are looking for is someone who could extend a helping hand to walk them through. I pray they get to know my best friend and personal savior, Jesus.

No comments: