Monday, April 03, 2006

My Birthday!





I had a wonderful birthday this year! I woke up in the morning smiling... and when i open my room door, i was greeted by a balloon and a bunch of other greetings on the hallway! Ann & Kristi wrote "happy birthday" for me in chinese and Grace & nancy also put up signs in Braxton and i'm pleasantly surprised! Well, this is just the beginning of my bday. When i went to class that morning, I was surprised by two boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts (2 dozen!!) yum... I was so touched coz Jeanette drove all the way to memorial to get em' that morning! :) thanks girl! And of course, my class sang me the bday song n i blushed.

Afternoon was great too! Coz patty gave me a bouquet of flowers!! besides that, Ms rivers handed me a card, a 3.5lB carrot cake and 2 tubs of ice-cream!! ahhhh.. screamz! she is so sweet to me and I am just overwhelmed by her love. :) I shared the ice-cream with the group that Ann & i led. We had a little "party" at the end of the group session, and they sang me bday song too! haha..

My bday ended with a climax at Pf Chang's w Ann, Jeanette & lynnette.. uhm... gosh! Chinese bistro. yum is the word. yeh is the feeling. Uh-huh is the taste. empty r the plates. haha... we had sweet & sour chicken, ma po tofu n curry vegetable.. *drool* & i receive my GAP giftcard from Ann & jeanette... :)

Ok, if u think that might be the end, hmm... NO!!!! coz this bday goes on and on... pretty much like birthdays, not just a day. The next day was great too! It began with shopping, er wait... not really coz it started with the not so "fun" run. Anyway, i did some Massive shopping! I was out the entire afternoon w jeanette, ann, donna & laura. Spent lots of money, got me a tank top, a cute top, a jacket & a shawl. I was so tired after that and i knocked out after coming back to my room. hmm.. then the party starts again at 5.30 when i met up with girls on my wing at Bourbon street cafe. It has nice life jazz music and good cajun food. We had fun eating & I got a harmonica as a bday gift! (from the musicians) yeh!!!

wow... gosh. That's my bday! I feel special & loved. Thanks everyone for making this a memorable bday... thank u for all ur ecards, testimonials, sms... everything!

9 comments:

eL said...

Hey... happy belated b'day.

eL said...

Wait... didn't I take your to PF Chang on your b'day some time ago, too? Haha...

Fishie said...

yupz! it's a bday place for me! we got to sit inside this time... :) hehe. oh, n we had the same curry vegetable this time.. i think...

enai said...

heh.. glad you had a good birthday. =) you deserved it.

eL said...

Ya we did have the curry veges. Yum!

me said...

hey! wahsey! world real small huh! we all know each other! hope you're doing great! - mengru

me said...

hey! wahsey! world real small huh! we all know each other! hope you're doing great! - mengru

Fishie said...

hey mengru!! so which of my friends do u know??

ch-eology said...

happy belated birthday shi mei!

we'll get u curry fish head again when u come back.

dsx